Holding Strong - Lori Foster

CHARACTERS: 4
COVER: 5

OVERALL RATING: 4

photo bun2_zps0ef512fa.jpg

I have never read any book by Lori Foster before so this was a great introduction to her although this was the second book to the series it was a standalone so it wasn't hard for me to understand the plot. Although there were references about previous characters throughout the book, it was mentioned in a way that you would still get a grasp of what happened.

So if you feel that you liked this book but don't one to read the previous one then you wouldn't have a hard time understanding the plot. Although I do advise you to read the previous book first because it would be better.

The story revolves around Denver Lewis an up-and-coming MMA Fighter. He has lusted for Cherry Peyton for so long but due to her flirty nature he feels that she's not someone who wold be able to commit to him.

description

Denver Lewis was an alpha male that was so hot I always anticipated his POV. He was never trying to be deliberately alpha, but when his protective instincts come barging in, he can't help but protect what he feels is his.

description

Which I cannot really help but like because although I feel women should be independent and take hold of her own life, sometimes we just need someone to lean on to when the going gets tough.

description

Cherry Peyton is a sweet woman who has a not-so sweet past that comes back to bite her. She's very independent and that is one of the reason she ends up having an argument with Denver. But I'm not complaining since it mostly ends up with them having hot and passionate make-up sex.

description

One thing that I am not sure if I liked or disliked was the many point of views from side characters in the book. I liked it because I could be able to get a glimpse of the next couples that would be featured on the upcoming books but on the other hand I disliked it because I just want to read more about Cherry and Denver not about the whole gang!

Overall Holding Strong really made me appreciate how Lori Foster writes and I'll be surely reading more books from her.

received digital edition from publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review